Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rainy Sunday Ramblings


Sitting here looking out my window to the Associated across the street provides one of the gloomiest pictures ever (that might be an exaggeration).  This picture doesn't really do the crappy weather justice, but now you know what the view of the Associated looks like (and what a sight it is).

Ever since I woke up this morning it has been rainy and dark and apocalyptic... Where is the love for my Sunday???  What am I supposed to do??? Just sit here and add album artwork to my itunes all day?? (wow...)  Watch football?? (actually sounds like a decent idea..)   I probably should go to the gym, but motivation levels are low.  Plus, it's RAINING.  ugh.

It does seem to rain a LOT more here in New York than anywhere else I've ever lived... I guess "anywhere else I've ever lived" includes all of Boston, Illinois, and Colorado, so that's not exactly a huge snapshot of the world, but still...


Now Playing: Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers


As for this glorious holiday weekend, it has been pretty blauchome to just chill out, hit the gym, walk around (when it wasn't raining), watch movies, sleep, and read.  Such a good break from work and the drudgery of the 4:30 AM wake-up call.

On a completely unrelated note, it's being reported that New York Giants Wide Receiver Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg with his handgun while out at a nightclub late Friday night/Satuday morning with fellow New York linebacker Antonio Pierce.


Let's just let that sink in.


........................


Be serious Plaxico Burress.  Be serious.  How stupid do you have to be?  What is this, an 8-Mile ripoff???  Except it's way worse than that.  Watching Sunday NFL Countdown this morning I couldn't help but laugh as they analyzed the situation.  I heard one of the commentators make some remark along the lines of, "You see, these huge contracts are why the general public can no longer relate to these athletes..." or something like that.  You want to know why I can't relate to these athletes any more???  Because they're f*$&%& idiots!!!!!!  It really seems like about 95-99% of professional athletes are complete and utter morons.  In any case, this week's Idiot of the Week Award is going to Mr. Plaxico Burress.  Congratulations.  And good luck with the concealed weapons charges.  I sure hope you had a license for that gun too.  Not that it will matter as I'm sure you will get off with a slap on the wrists and be back on the field in no time (thank goodness for that!).


http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/sports/football/01burress.html?hp


Now Playing: Drive - The Cars    --> what a song....so 80's...so awesome.

No comments: