Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ya got to Keep ya head up.

So I'm walking up the stairs of the prestigious Aspen about 15 mins ago on my way home from a long day at work and then the gym, and all of a sudden I hear a guy coming down the stairs say to me, "Hey, hold your head up.  Come on now buddy, the economy isn't that bad."
This gave me a nice little chuckle, and also kind of made me laugh for a few reasons.  The first of which being that it's kinda sad in a funny way that this tiny occurrence was one of the more interesting moments of my entire day.  It also cracked me up cause here I am, basically gimping my way up 2 flights of stairs (hey, it was a legs, back, biceps day at the gym, emphasis on the legs--don't ask me why I was walking the stairs when we have not one, not 2, but 3 elevators at our disposal...), kind of oblivious to the world, probably looking about 2 small steps away from a homeless man, and this guy thinks that the reason I look like such a ragamuffin is cause I'm depressed about the economy! (PS I just successfully used 'ragamuffin' in my blog and you haven't-burn.)  I could care less about the economy.  I make $8.36 an hour after taxes...like it matters.  Well, that's not really true at all (the $8.36 part is, the not caring, not so much), but at this particular moment in time, the economy was almost the farthest thing from what was actually on my mind (if I was going to cook egg whites or regular eggs for dinner and if it's socially acceptable to eat a can of green beans with my dinner of eggs...)
So anyway, I picked my head up, laughed, and went on my merry way down the longest hallway ever (think: redrum).  Now onto eggs and beans! mmmmmmm.....

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Take the effing elevator mike jeez. I have to walk up 6 flights every day. No whining.

Zara said...

Eggs and beans are a perfectly acceptable combination in my book. Doc will back me up on this. Just save some for me this weekend.

Zara said...

GIVE ME MORE BEARBSASB HGCG JHKJL

Zara said...

well, chris has successfully ruined your blog. i hate beans and am changing my email password.

MEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Big Mike said...

hahaha yes! eggs and beans it is!! hahaha give me more bearbsasb!