Friday, November 14, 2008

Strikes and Gutters

So, today I'm thinking we're going to go with a strikes and gutters/highs and lows theme to the post. So here goes:

:) Today is Friday! Hooray--about to have 2 days off after only a 4 day work week!

:( My throat kinda hurts. booo-urns

:) They're putting up the Christmas tree today in Rockefeller Plaza! Hooray for gigantic trees in the middle of the city and glorified consumerism (word?)!! ...Also, on a sidenote, hooray for the birth of Jesus!

:( x infinity According to the New York Times, my favorite active Cub Kerry Wood will no longer be with the team to start the 2009 Season: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/14/sports/baseball/14base.html?_r=1&ref=baseball&oref=slogin

:) Chris and Zara are here to visit for the weekend!!!!!!!!!! Lots of fun stuff planned for that (to be blogged about later).

:( I opened my gmail this morning to see yet another email from Steamboat. This one with the subject "Winter Is In Steamboat!" announcing the official start of winter and the over 26" of fresh champagne powder that's fallen in the last 2 weeks. The mountain opens in just 12 days... (it's getting hard to see the computer screen through all the tears) At this time last year I was working construction in Steamboat getting ready for the season to begin. Don't get me wrong though, New York is awesome, it's just a little different to be working a "real" job and living in the city as opposed to living in the mountains with my biggest worry being how much pow would fall each night.

:) Also according to the New York Times (sorry, they're just extra pertinent today I guess), the 6th annual Lebowski Fest is this weekend!!! I won't be able to go, but it still makes me happy that there's a Fest created by 'achievers' (Lebowski for fans) for my favorite movie of all time. Apparently there's also going to be a Creedence Clearwater Revival cover band. Check it out: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/14/arts/14wspare.html?scp=1&sq=big%20lebowski&st=cse



"And was there anything of value in the car?"

2 comments:

choosum said...

my..papers.....my work..papers...

Big Mike said...

"papers....my business papers..."

"and what do you do, sir?"

"....i'm unemployed."