Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 13 NCAA Prediction Recap (6 - 2)

After the mayhem that was rivalry week, I've gotta say I feel pretty lucky to escape with a 6 - 2 record.

I was worried about Noel Devine and West Virginia going into the Backyard Brawl, and his 134 yards and 1 touchdown performance only confirmed those fears.  Pittsburgh finally showed their real selves when down 16-6 with about 10 minutes left to play in the game as they scored 10 unanswered points to tie it up 16-16, but it was too little too late.  Tyler Bitancurt won the game, hitting a 43 yard field goal as time expired.

Alabama somehow managed to sneak past Auburn despite going down 14-0 in the first 5 minutes of the game.  It's even more incredible when you consider that Alabama's run-heavy offense is not built to score a lot of points, especially when they have to come from behind.

Florida handled the Seminoles in a game whose score I was actually fairly close on.

Bedlam:  A scene or state of wild uproar and confusion.  Yep, that just about sums it up.  All I can say is Oklahoma St. left me at a complete loss for words.  They proved me very wrong and Skyler very right.  Shut out?  Playoffs?!?  Be serious Cowboys.

No surprises in the Commonwealth Cup.  Virginia is a BAD football team (then again, so is Georgia...crap!)  Oh, and speaking of which, later Al Groh.

Memo to LSU:  Get your act together.  I know Arkansas has one of the best offenses in the SEC and Lou "I'm nuttier than a fruit cake" Holtz claims you have one of the worst offenses in the entire nation (forget just the SEC), but squeaking by the Razorbacks at HOME???  Sh'mon now.  You're better than that.  Or maybe you're not...

BYU, thanks for making me look smart.  I predicted you would beat Utah by 3, and that's exactly what you did.  Loud sustained applause.

USC, you are almost as cool as BYU.  I guess I overestimated UCLA with the Victory Bell on the line...  At least I didn't pick UCLA like Skyler did here.  "Glitz and glam" my ass.


My Week 13 Picks:
The Backyard Brawl
Prediction:  (9) Pittsburgh 27 - West Virginia 21
Actual:  (9) Pittsburgh 16 - West Virginia 19

The Iron Bowl
Prediction:  (2) Alabama 24 - Auburn 10
Actual:  (2) Alabama 26 - Auburn 21

The Sunshine Showdown
Prediction:  Florida St. 14 - (1) Florida 28
Actual:  Florida St. 10 - (1) Florida 37

Bedlam Series for the Bedlam Bell
Prediction:  (12) Oklahoma St. 37 - Oklahoma 21
Actual:  (12) Oklahoma St. 0 - Oklahoma 27

Commonwealth Cup
Prediction:  (14) Virginia Tech 24 - Virginia 10
Actual:  (14) Virginia Tech 42 - Virginia 13

The Battle for the Golden Boot
Prediction:  Arkansas 20 - (15) LSU 27
Actual:  Arkansas 30 - (15) LSU 33

The Holy War
Prediction:  (21) Utah 28 - (19) BYU 31
Actual:  (21) Utah 23 - (19) BYU 26

The Victory Bell
Prediction:  UCLA 23 - (20) USC 30
Actual:  UCLA 7 - (20) USC 28

No comments: