Monday, January 5, 2009

Gettin' Back on that Horse

Alright, if you read my blog, you've probably noticed that it has sucked lately.  It's hard not to suck when you don't write anything.  Well, with this post I'm triumphantly announcing "I'm Back" to the blogging world, just like Jordan did to the NBA back in the day.  Now all I need to do is win a few titles to bring some serious legitimacy to this announcement...

And besides, I've written out a list of New Year's Resolutions (which I've actually never done before), and writing on my blog more is one of them.  (Check.)  So I guess in addition to being quite cathartic, this post is also helping me achieve a goal.  Wooooo!!!!


I had today off, so instead of it being a "case of the Monday's" it was a "case of the sleep in and then walk around New York's."

I took this opportunity to go explore Chinatown.  Except for one minor detail... I didn't actually end up doing that.  Funny how plans can change suddenly--When I got off the train at the City Hall/Brooklyn Bridge stop I decided I wanted to take a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.


Although extremely touristy and fairly cliche (I don't know how to make my computer make that little symbol above the 'e', so get over it), this was a worthwhile journey.  I enjoyed walking along with the cold air in my face, hood up and music on (although not quite the same as having the top down and screaming out money in the bank, I still probably looked pretty sweet).  The view of the city wasn't spectacular, but it was still pretty cool since I was there as the sun was going down, so I got to see most of the buildings light up and fireworks go off in the night sky.*


Lots of other stuff has happened since my last post, so here are a few events worth taking note of:


1.  I was lucky enough to get home for a few days at Christmas and see my family and some great friends.  Although it was way too short of a trip (having to travel back to New York on Christmas Day kinda sucked), it was still really fun and awesome to see everyone.


2.  Going hand in hand with this, we had an HC Swim Reunion that was pretty well attended at George's house (Josh, I can't believe you blew us off!  Sh'mon now.).  It was amazing to see Skyler, Dave, Jarred, Ryan, Paul, Bobo, Stephan, J.D., Katie, Patty-O, Jeff, Nili and not George and to catch up with everybody and see what they're all up to.  It was especially cool to see Mr. Ryan Johnson and Mr. Jarred Caldwell, as it had been extremely long since we last hung out and Ryan now lives in Cambodia.


3.  I guess going hand in hand with #'s 1 and 2, I went to Molly's Debutante Ball while home.  As much as I don't want any guys to ever look at her I must say she looked lovely and we had a blast dancing like idiots.


4.  2008 Ended.


5.  2009 Began.


6.  MC Leezy and DJ Steez Choppa spit mad rhymes on multiple occasions and it was blawshome.  "3C, 6A, 8H!!!"  "You can en-vy me!! I work at N-B-C!!!"


7.  Saw Seven Pounds.  3/5 stars


8.  Saw Marley and Me.  3.5/5 stars


9.  Saw The Wrestler.  4.5/5 stars


10.  Saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  4/5 stars  "Seven..."


11.  I received a mini chopper (Choppaaaa 4!!!!!!) for Christmas and flew it around my apartment!!!


12.  I finished my first assignment.  Woot!  (Corp Comm I miss thee!  Except I don't miss getting up at 4:30 in the AM.)


13.  I got denied from my first assignments.  The Agency and Morning Joe, I will try again next time.


14.  I gave one of the best tours of my Page career on December 31, despite nearly blowing chunks in makeup.


Welp, that's all I can think of for now, although I know I'm leaving some stuff out.  I've been debating writing reviews for all those movies, but I've been jaded on the blogging...  But who knows now, maybe I will post those in the near future.  Keep yo eyes peeled and yo ear to the grindstone!  Cheers.



*  There were no fireworks.  I just put that in to see if anyone was reading/to jazz it up a little.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

hey mike! i walked across the brooklyn bridge when i was there too. good times. how was the end of your corpcomm assignment? what was your best day/worst day? haha. hope all is well!

George said...

Not George. Nice.